Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Snow?

They've said it before, and they're saying it again. Tonight its gonna snow.
I wanna believe them, I really do....but I'm not puttin any money on it. So far this year it hasn't happened, and last year we got just a few tiny snowstorms that followed days of rain and just hid the mud for a few hours.
The year before that though, we got some good snow, the kind that results in impromptu days off from work and school, the kind that brings multiple giant snowmen into the yard and ramshackle igloos created by blocks of snow in the shape of a cooler. The kind that keeps people from driving up or down the suicide hill that separates my neighborhood from the rest of the civilized world and leaves the streets open for giggling kids with seldom-used sleds and saucers.
I feel lucky that we live far enough north to get the occassional snow, but far enough south to not get slammed by it 3 months straight.
Bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home