Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The ConstruKction of Light

I recently purchased a copy of The ConstruKction of Light by King Crimson, and I had to say something. This band has been around a long time and have disappeared from the radar for years at a time, only to re-emerge in a new form with a new album. The music is very left brained and mathematical, yet it always evokes strong emotions. There are songs that make me feel like I’m floating weightlessly in ethereal bliss, and there are songs that make me feel like I am smashing a stone wall with a 2 ton hammer. I welcome it all with open arms, and not too many artists can illicit such a response from me. King Crimson does though, and they do it over and over again. As the years bathe them in wisdom and skill, they continue to take their music a step further. Their last 2 albums, “The Power to Believe” and “The ConstruKction of Light” are awesome. There are a few moments on both albums that leave me underwhelmed and wanting something better, but without fail, the next moment arrivesm and I am lost in a sea of goosebumps and shudders. King Crimson have a knack for mixing math and art, science and emotion, love and hate, and life and death and creating a landscape of chaotic order which lifts me up and forces me to see the unobstructed magnificence of everything.

In other words: King Crimson rules

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs are relatively new and entrepreneurs and corporations alike are just now starting to experiment with using them .
Very informative blog site Lonster.

I have a girls christmas shopping trip site. It pretty much covers girls christmas shopping trip related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home